Trisha Lurie's WordPress.com weblog

I almost lost my face or at least had it shred to bits by hot glass


Ever wonder what happens if you accidentally leave a glass pan on a stove and then turn on the wrong burner? I know now! While making dinner, cleaning up and helping my son with homework I spaced out and made a mistake that could have destroyed my face . I feel like I have just become the luckiest woman on earth (At least in the “I still have my face” department). Instead of heating the water for his mac and cheese I turned on the back burner and began to cook the glass pan. Apparently direct heat and glass do not get along! I turned around to help Riley with his homework and just as I took two steps away it exploded. The big blue glass pan burst into the air sending burning hot shards of glass shrapnel like an exploding bomb. With a thunderous pop, glass pelted my back as I moved away. I know this all sounds so dramatic, but it truly was.

I have never seen anything like it. I am so happy that  Riley asked for help on his math question!  Nothing like a photo op though, lol


Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s